11.11.08

Useless Information.

I was sitting on the can today (TMI...sorry), reading the back of the bottle of hand soap in our bathroom. Following along, I found some useful tidbits of information. Did you know that Equate Antibacterial Clear Liquid Soap contains 0.115% Triclosan? Or that putting soap in your eyes is harmful? Me neither! I made it all the way to the bottom of the label until I finally reached the directions:

Directions - Wet hands - Apply palmful to hands - Scrub thoroughly - Rinse

Now I don't know about you, but for the past 22 years of my life I have always known how to properly wash my hands. I began to wonder if anyone actually had to look at the directions to figure it out. I concluded that everyone actually knew, but certain questions were still racing through my mind. What if someone was illiterate and couldn't read the directions, will they have to go their entire lives without washing their hands? Is it dangerous to apply more than a palmful of soap? What happens if you apply the soap to dry hands? I needed answers.

Since I am currently a college student surrounded by knowledgeable people, it is almost impossible for me to find someone illiterate. However, instincts tell me that most illiterate people have washed their hands at least one time in their life. My instincts are usually right, so let's say case closed. Moving on.

Being the daredevil I am, I decided to kill two birds with one stone by applying excess amounts of soap to my bone dry paws. The outcome is not as thrilling as you might think. Turns out using too much soap only makes your hands cleaner. What a waste of time and soap.

I would be a horrible blogger if I left my reader feeling disappointed due to the anticlimactic conclusion to my story, so I decided to do an Internet search to find more useless information for your entertainment.

Enjoy!

Useless Fact #1: Michael Jordan shaves his head on Tuesdays and Fridays.
Useless Fact #2: The international telephone dialing code for Antarctica is 672.
Useless Fact #3: There are 293 ways to make change for a dollar.
Useless Fact #4: The electric chair was invented by a dentist.

Useless Fact #5: No president of the United States was an only child.

1 comment:

Jackie Dorsey said...

Those are great useless facts. Learn something new every day :)