19.11.08

A Difficult Decision

Have you ever had trouble deciding between different brands of a product to purchase? I was in a difficult situation the other day in Marianist Hall, trying to figure out which type of gum to buy. Why was I in Marianist? Long story. So why don't I share it with you?

Actually I lied, it's not that long (that's what she said). I was working on a group project for Business and Proposal Writing...blah, and had to drop a book off at a friend's house afterward. I chatted it up with my friend for a while, then decided to mosey on over to my sophomore year residence to purchase a pack of gum. While there, I happened to know the front desk attendant working at the time. I told him my dilemma, and he suggested that I try Trident Original Flavor®. Have you ever had a friend recommend something to you only to find out that it was possibly the worst decision you could ever make?

First of all, never buy a pack of gum from Dining Services. Not only is Dining Services lame, but my gum cost $1.49 for 18 sticks the size of my pinky toe! If that didn't just grind my gears already, Trident Original Flavor® tastes like a mix of bleach, spaghettios, and Blue Moo Cookie Dough Ice Cream from UDF. Ok, it's not that bad, but from the variety of options I had in front of me, I was definitely recommended the worst.

Not only do I now have a lame pack of chewing gum, I have also lost all respect for my friend. So, my friends, I have three pieces of advice for you:
  1. Never buy a pack of gum from the Emporium or any other dining services locations. But do continue to purchase from Stuart's Landing and all other Flyer Enterprises/Dining Services joint ventures because they are superb places with an impeccable selection.
  2. When you buy some gum, never get Trident Original Flavor®.
  3. Do not, under any circumstances, take the advice of someone from the Marianist Hall front desk.
Sidenote to the Marianist front desk worker: If you actually read my blog, I'm sorry and know that I love you.

1 comment:

Jackie Dorsey said...

I was ALMOST very upset but you fixed all problems in your final notes.. thank you!