1.6.09

The Second Annual World Alpaca Conference

The Internet is an amazing thing. Without it, I would have never come across this gem:


That's right, the Second Annual World Alpaca Conference is this June 3-7 in Cleveland, Ohio. To think, I almost missed this spectacular event. Lucky for me, I downloaded an application on my iPod Touch yesterday that led me to the event of the century.

The Alpaca Breeders and Owners Association (AOBA) (Yes, there is an actual alpaca association. Makes life worth living, doesn't it?) is holding the conference at the nearby I-X Center. You are not going to want to miss it. There will be an International Fleece Show, a National Halter Show, a Fiber Arts Competition, AN ALPACA FASHION SHOW, and the annual AOBA auction! I don't know what half that stuff is, but it sounds like I shouldn't miss it. As Alpaca Farmgirl so beautifully put it on her Alpaca blog (Her Blog), "It's like Disney World for Alpaca lovers!" I don't know about you, but anything that can be compared to Disney World is going to be nothing but amazing. I am so there. The only question is, who's coming with me!?

Unfortunately, the AOBA's website is currently down due to technical difficulties, so I could not learn more about this fluffy creature. Apparently they make good models since they're going to be in a fashion show.

Every time I look at that Alpaca picture above, I LOL. Here are some more:



Actual caption underneath the baby alpaca picture: "This baby alpaca was found beheaded on a farm near Delavan. Rewards totaling $3,000 are now being offered."

That last one is kind of sad.

2 comments:

Jackie Dorsey said...

yet again dan you never seem to let me down.. SQUIRREL!!! and i really hope you attend and meet an alpaca farmer from uniontown.. we have them I SWEAR!

Andrew said...

i expect there to be a photo of you with an alpaca to prove your attendance at the conference, otherwise i will not believe your actually going. funny post though. when you coming to dayton??