17.6.09

Bus Rides

Not having a car can be a bit of a downer, but riding the public transit can definitely have its perks. I arrive at the bus stop at 8am every day and let my imagination run wild.

For starters, there is one lady who waits at the bus stop with me...usually. Occasionally a random man in a white Cadillac will drive up to the stop and she will hop in the car and wait there until the bus arrives. Sometimes the man even gives her a ride to the stop, but usually he comes a little after she gets there. It's all a bit shady, and I can't help but think that there are some extramarital affairs occurring, or at least I hope so. That would make waiting for the bus much juicier. Bus stop gossip is the best kind of gossip.

The past couple morning bus rides have been extraordinary. Yesterday, a couple sitting to my left had the wildest conversation I have ever heard in my life. It was mainly the guy talking, but every word that came out of his mouth was LOLworthy. I would reiterate it word for word, but I like to keep the swearing on my blog to a minimum. About every other word that came out of his mouth was the F-bomb. Just to give you an idea, I overheard talks of telling a doctor to shove his head up his own ass, destroying every car we passed on the freeway, and not giving a f%*$ about anything. It was extremely hard not to laugh the entire way to work.

This morning, the lady to my right was supposedly talking to one of her friends on the phone. Nothing special, except halfway through the conversation she started talking about how she didn't understand why the cops were called, she wasn't actually going to kill anyone. Apparently this girl was arrested for aggravated assault, or something like that, I'm not really up on my crime lingo. It came out of left field. It blows my mind that you can find these treasure conversations on the RTA. I love it.

In other news, I got my first postcards (Diane, I have not received yours, sorry). The first place I can cross off my list is........West Virginia! And to make life even better, I have two of them!

No comments: