28.7.09

Heartwarming Email

I received the sweetest, most heartfelt email today. It's such a good feeling to know that someone can care about me so much. I think I'll share it with you guys.

Hello Daniel,

I am writing on behalf of the Internet Sales Team here at Pat O'Brien Chevrolet to say that we miss you.

We care about your needs at Pat O'Brien and wanted you to know that we didn't forget about you.

We were also wondering if there was anything we could do for you?

Would you like another fresh quote on a vehicle from us? You originally sent a request in for a 2009 Chevrolet Cobalt Base Coupe. Have you changed direction? We know that many times your initial request isn't necessarily what you end up being interested in based on your wants, needs and / or budgetary concerns.

Have you been to our website recently to view all of our current specials on new and used vehicles? At Pat O'Brien's Website we post all of our New and Used vehicle inventory online and our UpFront Pricing Guarantee on each and every vehicle there.

Do you have any concerns we can address for you? jsetele@patobrienchevy.com Please note that you can call me on my cell phone, or even text message me at 440.376.1030 if that would be more convenient for you.

We are looking forward to hearing from you and thank you for the opportunity to serve you at Pat O'Brien Chevrolet.

Thank you for your time,

Jim


Such a thoughtful e-mail. He even gave me his cell phone number just in case I ever had any problems in my life that I wanted to get off my chest. I've never had a friend quite like this car dealership. And they miss me! :)

Unfortunately, we're not as close of friends as I thought. If we were, Pat O'Brien (POB) Chevy would know that I bought a car already.

From a rival dealership.

I would tell them, but I can't bear to break their heart after such a warm and thoughtful email. Letting go is such a hard thing to do...

Sidenote: I wonder what a "fresh" car quote looks like. I didn't know they could go bad. I wonder if they smell like rotten milk when they do. Gross.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

this is funny

Unknown said...

Daniel,
You submitted a sales lead to GM on 6/29/2009.
We have sent you 39 emails to date to inquire about your inquiry for information and had not received a single reply from you or even a request to be removed from our lists.
You have not chosen to opt out of our emails either, which is an option on the bottom of every email we send in compliance of the can-spam act.
Many customers submit for information and don't end up making a purchase decision for well over a year. We were simply doing our jobs here.
We also have no way of knowing you had already purchased a vehicle as you had not replied to any of the 39 emails we sent.
I apologize for your distress over the email and will remove you from our lists if you should so choose.
You have my email and cell number obviously.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Jim Setele
jsetele@patobrienchevy.com
440.376.1030