29.3.09

Richard

From left to right: The second coolest man ever, the first coolest man ever, and someone else.

The man with the kickin' shades is Richard, an employee at Six Flags Over Georgia and my nomination for the coolest man ever. Just looking at him it's pretty obvious why. The blinding yellow shirt and grand smile will grab your attention from a mile away. Not to mention this man knows how to bust a move! You will find him breaking it down for Goliath riders, one of Six Flag's most intense rides.

As strange as it may sound, Richard is probably the most memorable part of my trip to Georgia. He is the type of person I want to be in the future. You can tell that he truly loves his job and just has a great time with everyone he meets. If I am able to land a job where I can have as much fun as this guy, I will be a happy man. I should start looking into operating roller coasters for a living.

Richard also does not mess around. While in line during one of our 7 times riding the Goliath, a lady tried to sneak a bag on the ride with her. It is a park rule that you must put any loose articles in lockers before entering the line. Like most park guests that do not understand the basic rules of the park, this lady insisted on hiding the bag. You couldn't fool Richard though. The riders were locked in their seats, but he knew she still had the bag. Richard had the operator unlock her seat and he had her give the bag to someone that was not riding. Richard knows when to have fun but also knows when to crack down. What a guy.

It's also intriguing to note the kind of effects you can have on people without even knowing it. I'm sure Richard was just being himself and having a ball loading people in and out of cars, but his behavior and attitude towards his job and the people around him is inspiring. I took a lot out of the short amount of time I spent with the man. It makes me wonder if I've had an impact on anyone without even realizing it. Maybe I'm reading too much into it.

Anyways, Richard. Amazing man. If you ever get the chance to go to Six Flags Over Georgia, make sure to ride the Goliath and meet this man.

3 comments:

Jerry Stoffl said...

I am in tears after reading this. Beautiful work.

Emily said...

Richard, what a guy, indeed. By the way Dan, I didn't know you had a blog- but it is awesome! :)

Darja said...

john, steve, and i had a conversation this weekend about how cute you are. we all agreed, you're very cute. mostly john though.

also, i'm happy about all this blog posting business you've been getting into the last few days. keep up the good work, champ!