1.3.09

Life Changing Revelation

Lately, as many of you are well aware, I have not been able to update my blog on a consistent basis. I used to be able to pump out at least nine or ten a month back in the glory days, but now it's basically a bi-monthly affair. In an effort to continuously improve my blog and keep readers coming back on a consistent basis, I am thinking about taking a new approach to the Spicy Sauce. I was reading my friend Darja's blog over at http://www.xanga.com/darcydarj (A blog that is twice as funny as mine and is updated just about every day) when I had a revelation.

The reason I do not have time to blog as often is because my posts are too awesome. It takes time to create such awesomeness, and time is what I lack. But how much awesome do I give up in order to be more consistent? My experiment is to make my posts less lengthy and only drop the awesome a smidge. If my posts are shorter, I can post more often and hopefully make my readers happy again. Thank you Darja. Your blog may have just changed my life.

I was reading "On the tip of my fingers..." for a brief period of time. It's a blog that was recommended by Blogger.com. I couldn't figure out how her blog was noteworthy, since mine is so much cooler but has not been noticed by Blogger. While sifting through her complaints of being lazy, PMS-ing, and not working out enough, I came across my new favorite website: GraphJam.com.

GraphJam.com is brought to you by the same great people that gave the world "I Can Has Cheezburger." It is chock full of hilarious graphs that people create and share with others who have a sense of humor. If the graphs were people, the following are the ones that I would put in my T-Mobile Fave Five so I could call them whenever I want for free.

2 comments:

Jackie Dorsey said...

Could this graph website possibly be the new FML.com?? I think it might get starred in my bookmarks!!!

Darja said...

dan, i love you. i'm going to post a picture of you on my blog to show my gratitude. i'm not sure what proper blog etiquette is for blog shoutouts, but short of building a statue of you and putting it in the middle of my town, i can't think of any better way to show my respect and gratitude than with a photo of you on my blog.

also, i like this sentence "if the graphs were people, the following are the ones that I would put in my T-Mobile Fave Five so I could call them whenever I want for free."
for some reason, i've been trying to make parallels like this all weekend, but they never work. it always ends up something like "if days of the week were men, i would marry Saturday"