26.3.09

Dry-Erase Markers and a Few Odds and Ends

I think the biggest issue facing the University of Dayton today is dry-erase markers. Maybe it's just me, but in just about every class I've had this semester, the respective professor throws away at least two markers that ran out of whatever they put in dry-erase markers. 

A dry-erase marker costs roughly $1.50. I have on average two classes per day, equalling ten classes a week. That is a total of 20 markers thrown away every week due to dry-erase markers drying up. In my classes alone, that's about $450 of markers used per semester. Assuming many other professors use markers during their lectures, I am going to say the university spends roughly $7.5 million on dry-erase markers per year. Our tuition dollars hard at work.

One of my econ professors said Obama should have been busy supplying dry-erase markers to schools instead of worrying about the stimulus package. I'm going to have to agree with him. 

A few sidenotes
  • Jackie and I are no longer friends. It's been Facebook official since yesterday.
  • The fox in my last post is so flipping adorable.
  • I am going to get diabetes after eating all the pastries I did in the FE Office today.
  • I've been in a roller coaster mood ever since my trip to Six Flags Over Georgia. Anyone want to go to King's Island when it opens?
  • Going grocery shopping hungry is one of the worst decisions one can make.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes I will go to Kings Island!And I suffer as well from over eating all the pastries!

Darja said...

dan..you're the bomb.com.
wanna hang out soon?? i haven't seen you in a minute! (that's a phrase certain people use to mean 'i haven't seen you in a long time')

Belle said...

Haha, I think hospitals are the second largest consumer of the dry erase markers...we have to write our names on the dry erase boards in the patient rooms each day, so we burn through them like water. Except that water doesn't burn..oh well...maybe obama can send us some markers, too?